Green Smoothie Muffins
For those of you who have lots of green smoothie ingredients on hand but are craving something to actually chew, try this fun twist on a traditional breakfast item. Pair it with some fruit and a glass of milk and you've got a great start to your day!
- Preheat oven to 400 ∘F
- In a blender, blend the first 8 ingredients (spinach through milk) until smooth.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together the remaining 6 dry ingredients (sugar through whole wheat flour).
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, and mix just until fully moistened and well combined.
- Coat muffin pans with cooking spray (recipe should fill 14-16 muffins depending on the size of the tin) Or grease small, clean terra cotta pots for a more festive, spring-like muffin presentation.
- Fill muffin tins (or pots) 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 ∘F for 15-18 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
Serving size: 1 muffin
Yield: 16 muffins
Total Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 230 mg
Potassium: 118 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 18g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 11 g
Protein: 3 g
Provides: 28% Vitamin A; 12% Folate; 15% Manganese; 9% Vitamin C