No time you say? That's no excuse. Here are some quick, eat-on-the-go breakfast options:
- Zip-lock Breakfast: high-fiber dry cereal + handful of almonds + handful of dried cherries or cranberries
- Granola Bar & Fruit: Caution - choose high fiber, lower sugar options. Remember that most granola bars are essentially candy bars in disguise. Grab a banana, apple or orange to go along with it.
- PB&J: Whole grain bread plus some peanut butter and real-fruit jam makes a great breakfast. Make a bunch of sandwiches ahead of time and keep them in the fridge or freezer ready to grab and go.
- Yogurt & Fruit: Slice up an apple the night before (it won't brown too much in 12 hours if rinsed and kept in a plastic bag), then use your yogurt as a fruit dip.
- Savory Sandwich: For those that prefer savory breakfasts, try making a ham or cheese sandwich on whole grain bread the night before. Pair it with some clementines or grape tomatoes.
- The Muffin Man: Make a batch of high fiber muffins (shredded carrots, applesauce, flaxseed, wheat bran, raisins and bananas all make tasty & healthful additions to muffins), then wrap individually and keep in the freezer. Pull one out the night before and you'll enjoy a bakery-style breakfast without all the extra fat, sugar and calories. Try Fresh Apple Muffin or Carrot Cake Muffin