Why does one need the expert services of a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
- Recognition - Being so close to a situation sometimes blinds us from the realities. You may not always recognize the eating, shopping and physical activity (or lack thereof) behaviors that are a part of your life and routine.
- Clarification/Information - RDNs can explain nuances, the why's and wherefores when it comes to how to select and prepare food to maximize nutrition.
- Direction - Menu planning, grocery shopping, restaurant navigation and multiple other helpful skills and strategies may be challenging for some, and downright foreign to others. RDNs help you find the resources you need to succeed in the skills of "relearning" how to eat.
- Accountability - Few things make us focus more than being accountable to a third party.
- Recollection/Repetition - Remembering and repeating and such keys to long term learning and behavior change. Goals aren't achieved overnight and lifestyles aren't altered quickly. Being able to check-in, get reassurance and motivation from an expert throughout the process is invaluable.
|A dietitian's services can be invaluable when it comes to relearning healthy eating habits.|