Main Nutritious Intent Website

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Don't Bake Your Apples - Crockpot Them!

I love baked apples.  They smell and taste like fall, plus they are loaded with lots of health benefits. There might actually be something to the phrase "an apple a day keeps the doctor away."  But I don't always have an hour to wait for them to bake in the oven when I'm ready for an afternoon snack or a dessert for dinner.  My solution?  Crockpot.  Yep - take 5 minutes in the morning, and they are ready and waiting for you anytime that afternoon or evening.  Here's what it looks like:
Slice and core your apples and place them in your crockpot.
Put a small (1/2 teaspoon) amount of butter in the center of each apple half.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.  (I love cinnamon and it has wonderful health benefits - so I don't skimp on this step.)
Cover and turn crockpot on low heat.
You can look, but don't take off the lid.   You'll love the way your house smells as the apples cook.
When you're ready - they are waiting for you in all they gooey, apple-ness.  There's a cold front moving through my area tomorrow - and I know what I'll be putting in the crockpot that morning!





No comments:

Post a Comment